Chemlay 10k is a high build cementitious underlayment screed mortar for thickness of 5- 15 mm.
- It is mainly used for restructuring and repair of concrete floors, roads, slabs, dam aprons and spillways, reinforcement of weakened structures etc. It can be
used for internal and external applications.
- Application from 5- 15mm
- Easy to use. simply add water to the powder.
- Good weather resistance and high durability
- Long Pot Life
- Good adhesion to old concrete
- Innovative chemistry eliminates the need of water curing
Appearance / colour
2. Storage conditions / shelf life
- 6 months from date of mfg. if stored properly in undamaged seal packaging, at temperature between 50C- 300C. It should be kept in a cool, well-ventilated area, away from water, heat, direct sunlight, sparks and children.
Properties of chemlay 10k
|Value and Unit
|5.5-6.5 litre water for 1bag of 40 kg of chemlay 10k
|Homogeneous and smooth
|Pot Life @ 30oC
Initial set time
Hard Dry [Open for foot traffic]
Full Cure [Vehicular Movement]
|>40 Mpa at 28 days
|6 months in original unopened Container when stored between 5- 40oC
Method of Application
All Chemsol Products are recommended to be applied only by Approved Applicators and should be used after using proper PPE’s like Gloves, mask, goggles etc.
The CDS (clean, dry, sound) test must be conducted. The substrate must be free of all contaminants such as dirt, oil, grease, coatings and surface treatments, etc. If in doubt, apply a test area first.
Mix manually or mechanically a bag of 40 kg of chemlay 10 k with 5.5-6.5 lit of clean water until a homogeneous paste is obtained. Let the mix mortar rest for few minutes
Application of Chemlay 10k
Properly grind the substrate to remove the laitance and loose material followed by vacuum cleaning. Lightly dampen the floor with water (water should not be accumulated on surface) and then apply bonding agent chemfast SBR with brush or roller. Immediately pour the mix mortar on the bonding agent till it is still tacky. Level and compact the mortar to desired thickness with the help of wooden float or steel trowel.
Cleaning of Tools
Clean all tools and application equipment with water immediately after use. Hardened and/or cured material can only be removed mechanically.
Chemlay 10k is available in 40 kg bag.
Handling & Safety
Keep the containers tightly sealed when not in use. Avoid skin contact and inhalation of fumes (if any). While spraying it is advised to wear a mask. If it comes in contact with the body, wash affected parts with plenty of soap and water. In case of persistent irritation, contact a physician.