Chemsol Rust Inhibitor is a ready to use two component, high build and high solids rust
inhibitor which forms a tough and thick coat over the metal surface and protects it from
rusting. The thick coat ensured that the coating remains on the applied surface and withstand
wear and tear.
- Reinforcement steel in new or old structures.
- Other structural membranes in TMT bars, boilers, water tank, bridges, pipes, etc.
- Easy to apply with brush or roller.
- Better bonding to the substrate.
- Grey in color, hence easy to differentiate from applied and non-applied areas.
Method of Application
1. Surface Preparation
- Surface should be clean and dry.
- All the surface dirt, grease, loose particles should be removed from the surface.
- The existing rust shall be removed by proper sanding/blasting or any solvent.
- Mix the two components Base and Hardener thoroughly. Don’t do the partial mixing of the components.
- Apply a uniform coat on the surface to be treated with the help of brush or roller or an airless spray can be used.
- Let it air cure.
- Further coats can be applied if need arises.
Precautions and Limitations
- Do not dilute Chemsol Rust Inhibitor with water for coating application.
- Keep material closed when not in use.
- Not to be applied when the temperature is above 50 °C and relative humidity rises above 90%.
- Do not apply during rain, fog or mist.
- Adequate ventilation should be provided while painting in ill-ventilated areas.
|Properties||Standard Method||Observed Values|
|Finish||IS 101 Part 3/Section 4||Smooth and Semi Glossy|
|Mix Specific Gravity||IS 101 (Part l/Section 7 )||1.19+ ± 0.03 g/cm3|
|Volume Solids||ASTM D 2369||50 ± 2 %|
|Coverage||IS 101 (Part 8/Section 6)||6-7 sq.mt/lit @70-80 micron DFT|
|Gloss/Shine||IS 101 (Part 4/Section 4)||at 60° = 67 above|
|Dry Film Thickness||ASTM D-1005||70-80 Micron|
|Adhesion||ASTM D 3359||5B|
|Flexibility||ASTM D 522||Passes|
|Pencil Hardness||ASTM D 3363||4H|
|Physical Properties @ 280 C &
at 70-80μm DFT
|ASTM D 1640-3||
Per liter coverage of 6-7 m2 /lit s obtained on a smooth surface.
1 L (Base 800 ml + Hardener 200 ml) & 5 L (Base 4 L + Hardener 1 L)
Chemsol Rust Inhibitor shall be placed in a cool and dry place protected from direct sunlight.
12 months for the date of manufacturing if unopened and stored properly.
Health and Safety
Wash skin with soap and water.
On eye contact wash the eyes immediately and consult a physician if irritation persists.
On ingestion consult a doctor immediately.